Craney Family Solicitors

Buying or Selling a Home

We Take the Stress Out of Conveyancing


Buying or Selling

If you want to buy or sell a home, land or investment property you’ll have to sign a contract. The legal work involved in preparing the sales contract, mortgage and other related documents, is called conveyancing. While you can do your own conveyancing, most people engage a licensed conveyancer or solicitor.

We aim to take you through the process of buying or selling your home as smoothly and comfortably as possible and, depending on whether you're buying or selling a home, will work with you to:

  • Prepare or read the contract for sale

  • Liaise with the real estate agent, prospective seller or purchaser and mortgagee

  • Provide legal advice on the contract and other relevant matters

  • Ensure the requirements of any mortgagee are met

  • In-house document stamping (stamp duty)

  • Calculating adjustments for council and water rates for settlement

  • Attending settlement

  • Overseeing the change of title with Land Registry Services

We offer a fixed fee of $990 (inc GST, excluding disbursements/required searches) for conveyancing on the purchase or sale of homes in most ordinary circumstances, however we recommend you contact our office if you're buying off the plan or your situation is a little unique.

Click to enlarge


The NSW Government has set a deadline for the transition to eConveyancing with the transition to digital conveyancing for all mainstream property transactions to take place by 1 July 2019.

It's important that you select a conveyancer or lawyer that is registered and trained to use the new national eConveyancing platform, PEXA.

That's why we're happy to confirm we are fully registered to use PEXA for eConveyancing and are accredited by the Australian Institute of Conveyancers.